Monday, September 19, 2011

Free: Lost In translation

                So, this is my eighth post and it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to write about. I thought it would be cool to write about things that interest me. So I just decided to write about what is on my mind. My future. I am between a rock and a hard place. I have two careers that I would equally like to pursue. I want to work for the government and be a translator, but I would also like to become a cardiac surgeon. I am interested in being a translator for the U.N. because one of my hobbies is learning how to speak different languages. I know how to speak, read and write in English, and Spanish. I am in my fourth year of French. I am also in the process of learning Russian through a mutual family friend. I even know how to count from 1-10 in German. I would not like to stop there, I would like to know as many languages as my mind can handle. Whenever I meet someone who speaks a different language, I try and learn as much as I can. I think its so cool to learn different languages to be able to travel and communicate with people all over the world. I would also like to be a cardiac surgeon so I can be able to help save people's lives. The heart interests me a lot for some strange reason. I like the way to works, with all the parts and its functions. I'm not going to lie and say I'm good know all about it and that I'm good at it, but it interests me. I first learned about it my sophomore year and since then I haven't really learned more about it. Another thing that pulls me toward this career is the fact that I will be helping people. Whatever I do, I want to do something that will help benefit others. I want to explore both things before I make I decision on what I want to do the rest of my life. I just hope I chose the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment