Thursday, September 22, 2011

CE: Dozen of bodies found in E. Mexico





    A large number of dead bodies were found in Veracruz, Mexico. Thirty five bodies were dumped on the street in broad daylight in Veracruz. It is said that 2 of the 35 bodies were children and about 12 of them were women. The bodies were piled, bruised, and handcuffed. The report said that the killings were said to have come from the work of the Zetas. The dead bodies were marked with "Z's". These events are far from the usual. People are being killed in Mexico because of drug trafficking every day. The cartel resorts to violence to help protect their industry. They brutally kill innocent people and affect the lives of many. The actions of the cartel are affecting the lives of many citizens both in Mexico and the United States. Both citizens from the U.S. and Mexico live in fear from the violence caused by the cartels. The cartel has been smuggling drugs in the United States for years and continues to do so as long as the demand for the product continues. I believe that the legalization of drugs may be a major solution to the violence occurring both in Mexico and the United States. If drugs are legalized, the cartel will be out of business and violence will reduce significantly.

        As a Hispanic, I hear a lot of talk about Mexico from my family members. Even on the news, I am always hearing about the ongoing violence that occurs on the streets of Mexico. The violence in Mexico has affected the lives and my family too. My family is from Guadalajara, Jalisco. My grandma and grandpa, along with a few uncles and aunts live back in Mexico. Every summer since I was little I went to Guadalajara to go visit my grandma, but due to the rise in violence, I have not been able to visit since seventh grade. The violence in Mexico prevents me from being able to visit my family. Not only is this a main issue, but I also live in fear wondering if my relatives are at risk of being victims of the cartel's work

No comments:

Post a Comment