Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Free: Block Schedule

          So today was the first day of block schedule at school. I couldn't wait for block schedule to start, since our school had two long weeks of regular schedule. Regular schedule means I have 6 periods in one day, which means 6 homework assignments due, which meant a lot of hours at the dinner table. I love yet hate block schedule at the same time. With block schedule I only 4 classes in a day. I like not having every class daily because, well the first reason is obviously because I have LESS homework! You do not go to class every day so that means you have more time to get your work done.

         Second, I don't have to do the same thing every day. Block schedule lets me have fifth period one day before lunch and another day after lunch and adds variety to my repetitive schedule. I also don't have to see the same people every day. I mean do you really like seeing your teacher every day? Or do you like seeing the same kids in your class every day. There is a huge downside to block schedule. Since not every class has to be fit in the schedule the classes lengths are an hour and a half. That may not sound long, but imagine staying in a seat for 90 minutes! I get tired of sitting in the same class for that long. It gets so tiring and frustrating because one class can seem so endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment